ONLINE SKILLS ASSESSMENT
MIGRATION SKILLS ASSESSMENT
Hundreds of thousands of foreign workers choose to live and work in Australia every year because of the lifestyle and employment opportunities offered.
What is GSM?
The general skilled migration (GSM) visa is a point-based system that has been especially designed to attract highly qualified and experienced professionals to best meet Australia’s skills needs. One of the key elements before one can apply in the GSM program is the skills assessment in the nominated occupation by a relevant assessing authority.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Assessing bodies require the applicant to have post-secondary qualifications (such as university or trade) in order to receive a positive assessment of skills.
- Substantial relevant work experience may be acceptable in a smaller number of occupations.
- Each assessing authority advises about the qualification requirements and the occupations it assesses.
- Once the applicant has been invited to apply and lodge a valid application, he/she must provide a scanned certificate copy of a suitable skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority for his/her nominated skilled occupation.
Requirements for Skill Assessment
The applicant must:
- have been issued an electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) Certificate.
- meet genuine temporary entrant requirement.
- have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- have adequate English language proficiency.
- meet the health and character requirement.
- have an acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- have a valid passport.