Tasmania is an Island State of Australia. It is located south of the Australian Mainland and is the 26th- largest island in the world. As of September 2020, Tasmania has about 541,000 residents. The capital of Tasmania is Hobart.
Studying in Tasmania will give you the opportunity to apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (491 Visa). This visa allows the visa holder to live and work in Tasmania for up to five years. Further, the visa holder may be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence Visa (Skilled Regional) subclass 191 upon living in Tasmania for a minimum of three years and earned a minimum taxable income meeting the minimum threshold set by the Department that is currently set at $53,900 aud. In the latest announcement for 2021-2022 program, the nomination quota for 491 visa us 2200.
If you have started after 30 June 2021 or about to enroll to begin studies in Tasmania, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the 491 visa under the Tasmanian Graduate Requirement:
- Studies need not be related to your nominated occupation.
- Must have completed a course of study and obtained completion letter from a Tertiary Institution in Tasmania registered with CRICOS.
- The course must be CRICOS registered with a minimum duration of at least 40 weeks
- The course must be completed full time and the student must be in Tasmania at the time of studies.
- The student must have lived in Tasmania at least 1 year from the start until accomplishment of studies.
- If the student has dependents, they must also be living in Tasmania and must show evidence of ongoing genuine commitment
- Currently in Skilled employment OR if not, must provide a career plan explaining how studies in Tasmania have increased ability to find skilled work in Tasmania
- If holding a student visa at the time of completion of studies, the study must be a degree (bachelor or masters) or diploma OR a qualification directly related to a Priority Industry Training and Workforce Development Area .
- If holding a different visa at the time of completion of studies, the study must be directly related to a Priority Industry Training and Workforce Development Area.
Priority Industry Training and Workforce Development Area provides:
Tourism and Hospitality = Cert III plus 6 months current experience in Tasmania
Building and Construction = Cert IV.
Advanced Manufacturing and Energy = Cert IV
Information and Communications Technology = Degree
Aged Services = Cert III
Disability Services = Cert III
Agriculture = Cert IV
Aquaculture = Cert IV
Transport and Logistics = Cert IV plus at least 6 months current work experience in Tasmania